Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. Psalm 57.5, 62:5

Monday 25 February 2013

Nearing the End

I got a fair bit of progress on RMC this month and can see the end.   Hopefully when March is done I will have finished the stitching and will just have the backstitching to do.  There is not a lot of it but I am going to take a break between finishing the stitching and doing the backstitching and will pull out something small to stitch. This is the progress as of last night. 

Leon has been busy framing a lot of my older pieces. 







 
I did not stitch this last one, O Canada; it was stitched for me by a pen pal I used to have, Lisa, who lives in Georgia.   It has been waiting to be framed for several years now.   The fabric is really a much darker colour than the picture shows.  

7 comments:

  1. your piece is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! I can't imagine asking Jim to frame my stuff...oh, horrors! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. RMC is looking SO good. Isn't it nice to see the end? Leon did a super job with the framing. Love the 'buy a drum' saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so gorgeous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I have been looking for the pattern of the Canada flag with In Flanders Fields for a while. Do you know where I cold purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabine, that chart is by Lynne Nicoletti.
    http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/
    She also designed the Bluenose Dime chart, which I have also stitched.

    I might add that RMC is now finally finished, framed and on my wall. :)

    Beth - ;)

    ReplyDelete